We are here not for income, but for outcome
Who we are
The Breast Health Foundation (BHF), is a Not for Profit established in April 2002 in conjunction with several companies and organisations. We educate the public on breast cancer and breast health, increase awareness and empower women.
Since it’s inception, the BHF has developed into a transparent and effective organisation which reaches our nation’s women. The money that is raised is used to teach women – those who have had and those who have not had breast cancer – to spread the word of the importance of self-examination and medical examinations. The BHF aims to put to rest myths surrounding breast cancer and to provide an open forum where women feel that they can come forward with their problems. Traditionally, women in Africa have been seen as the heart and soul of the family. By ensuring their health and by educating them, the health education messages are passed on to children, husbands and partners.
Our Purpose and Mission is:
- increase the awareness of breast health
- promote education and treatment
- provide support in respect of breast health
- create breast health awareness in the community
- ensure individual access to information
- potentiate access to appropriate healthcare resources
- ongoing audit of operational effectiveness
- offer emotional and informative support
Helping others is not a job, it is a calling
These wonderful people make it all possible